So, we’re looking for her replacement. Do you fancy a go, or do you know someone who might consider the role? A relative, friend or neighbour perhaps? Someone you chat to at the gym, church or work?
Here’s a bit of what the role involves; it’s not a uniformed role and it doesn’t involve turning up at a section meeting every week!
- Chair the Group Scout Council & Group Executive Committee, and make sure we follow Scout Association rules…..in practise about 5 or 6 meetings a year
- Work closely with and support the Group Scout Leader and encourage development of
- Scouting within the group and as part of the local community
- Help the group secretary & group treasurer with their roles.
- Build strong ‘admin’ teams to help look after our headquarters and grounds and a team to raise funds and seek grants.
- Generally keep an eye on all the admin & official side of stuff but not get too involved in section activities…. unless you want to of course.
We have really strong Beaver, Cub & Scout sections with great leader teams providing really exciting development programmes for our 6 to 14 year olds. We just need someone to take care of the official matters and make sure our facilities are looked after and our cash-flow is more than sufficient.
Could you do that for us, please? Or do you know someone who would?
Please do let me know
Tel: 01428 653823