If would be great if we can raise more than £100 again, which will go directly to supporting the Group.
What can you donate?
- Good quality re-useable clothes, paired shoes, belts, handbags, bedding and soft toys
- It's a great opportunity to clear out your wardrobes to make way for new spring/summer clothes and to also get rid of clothes, shoes and soft toys that your children have grown out of.
What happens to the donations?
- Bags of Support will “weigh and pay” 50p / kilo, which quickly adds up and goes directly to 1st Camelsdale Scout Group
- Any high quality items are sent directly to the Glodeni Orphange in Romania where they’re really needed. The other items are sold and distributed in Romania to people who can’t afford to buy new clothing.
- Apart from raising money and supporting a good cause in Romania, textile recycling helps to reduce landfill. The UK generates 1 million tons of textile waste a year, which makes up 12% of landfill
- The Bags of Support project is a great way of teaching your children the importance of recycling and helping to reduce waste
- For more information about Bags of Support visit www.bagsofsupport.co.uk
Other dates to put in your diaries
- Bag packing fundraiser at Waitrose, Sat 4 February, 10am-12 noon and 12-2pm. Is your child (or are you) able to help out? It's the last week before the store puts in self-service checkouts, so the last week that the manned tills will get such high footfall. Please help us to make it count for 1st Camelsdale.
- Fun wine tasting fundraiser, Fri 3 March, 8-10pm at the hut. A light-hearted and fun evening of entertainment and food, run by an ex-Scout parent who does this for a living and wants to give something back to the Group. Event invite coming out soon.
- Family camp, 24/25 June. More details nearer the time.
1st Camelsdale Scout Group